Acute trauma and addictive disorders are often a result of psychological injuries experienced as a child, while typically producing long-term and harmful generational consequences on loved ones and other family members. Claudia Black presents a portrait of a broken family system, exploring how addiction and trauma develop in families, their damaging repetition, and offers a roadmap for healing.
- Since the 1970s, Black's work has encompassed the impact of addiction on young and adult children. Her writings and teachings have become a standard in the field of addiction treatment.
- Comprehensively addresses the many components of traumatism, as well as addiction-related trauma.
- Vignettes highlighting the various causes of trauma presented in the book help readers understand the physiology and psychology of trauma and its negative effects.
- Includes healing, proactive steps readers can apply to better understand their current circumstances and build healthier relationships both in and outside of the family.
- Product Code: Unspoken Legacy
- Authors: Claudia Black, MSW, PhD.
- Year: 2017
- ISBN: 978-1-942094-56-2
- Page: 240
- Format: paperback
- Language: English
- Publication Date: January 9, 2018
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $17.95