Recovery from active addiction is a lifelong journey that can take many paths. By aligning yoga philosophy and poses with each of the Twelve Steps, Kyczy Hawk presents a physical and spiritual guide that complements and augments any twelve-step practice. Readers will investigate how they think, feel, and believe by using a new vocabulary to process traditional recovery principles.
- Current findings increasingly support yoga and mindfulness as promising complementary therapies for addictive behaviors (Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013).
- Provides clear and concise instructions requiring no prior knowledge and enabling people to experience the benefits of this ancient practice in the comfort and privacy of their own home.
- Key yoga terms are explained clearly and all poses are accompanied by illustrations.
- Consistent practice will lead to a more positive outlook on life and help eliminate harmful attitudes and behaviors. It can also create a balanced lifestyle, bringing greater harmony, stability, and enjoyment.
- Anyone can benefit from yoga, regardless of ability, age, belief system, or life circumstance
Yogic Tools for Recovery
- Product Code: Yogic Tools for Recovery
- Authors: Kyczy Hawk
- Year: 2017
- ISBN: 978-1-942094-52-4
- Page: 192
- Format: paperback
- Language: English
- Publication Date: November 14, 2017
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $16.95