Partners experience dire consequences as a result of being in a relationship with someone suffering from compulsive sexual behavior. Their emotional well-being requires developing new skill sets for self-care and self-protection as they confront the difficult and painful process of discovery, disclosure, and beyond. In other words—they need boundaries.
This is the first book specifically for partners affected by addictive behavior that addresses, in detail, how to identify, create, and maintain boundaries as a vital component of self-care and an indispensable tool for healing and growth.
Moving Beyond Betrayal guides partners to define the current problem(s); identify needs that aren’t being met; find where they have the power to effect change; take action; and evaluate the results to determine if their goal has been accomplished. The author examines all aspects of effective boundary work, including what to do when boundaries are violated. Through working the 5-Step Boundary Solution partners will
· gain clarity;
· reduce the chaos inherent in relationships impacted by sex addiction;
· feel more empowered and in control of their lives; and
· discover whether or not their relationship with the addict is salvageable.
Moving Beyond Betrayal E Book
- Product Code: Moving Beyond Betrayal E Book
- Authors: Vicki Tidwell Palmer, LCSW, CSAT, SEP
- Year: 2016
- ISBN: 978-1-942094-15-9
- Page: 200
- Format: e book
- Language: English
- Publication Date: July 15, 2016
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $11.99